Maxence Bloch, a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity Group and Paris Office Chair, focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions. His experience includes all type of M&A and Private Equity transactions (Mid and Large-cap) with a concentration on MBOs, LBOs, IPOs, public takeovers, build-ups, venture capital, and growth capital. He also has a particular expertise in transactions in the life sciences, healthcare, and technology sectors.
Maxence also focuses on litigation matters before all courts relating to M&A transactions, equity financing and shareholders’ disputes.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Maxence was a partner at King & Wood Mallesons (formerly SJ Berwin) in Paris. Previously, he practiced at Clifford Chance, where he helped establish its private equity team. Before that, he was a lawyer at Hausmann & Associés and at Thomas & Associés, and was seconded to the Valeo Group for two years.
Maxence is fluent in French and English.
Maxence’s recent transactions include advising:
- a consortium of new and existing investors comprised of IK Partners, Keensight Capital, Parquest Capital, and GIC in the signing of an exclusivity agreement regarding the acquisition of the Unither group, a European pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization
- Cerba Healthcare, a leading player in medical diagnosis:
- in welcoming EQT Private Equity as a new investor, as Partners Group exits
- in the acquisition of the Labexa group, an independent medical biology group
- in the acquisition of the Yourlab group, a clinical pathology group based in Western France
- EMZ Partners and Sagard in the 4th LBO acquisition of Safic-Alcan, a French independent distributor of specialty chemicals, welcoming three new private equity funds, Equistone, IK Partners, and GENEO Capital Entrepreneur
- Groupe Gorgé, an industrial group specializing in high-technology and imbued with a strong entrepreneurial culture, in the acquisition of iXblue, a leading global provider of innovative solutions for navigation, photonics, and maritime autonomy for both civil and defense applications
- IK Partners:
- in the acquisition ICS Learn, an online learning provider, through Skill & You
- in the sale of the Colisée group, a leading provider of nursing homes and homecare services, to EQT Infrastructure
- Latour Capital in a majority investment in the holding company of Pharmacie Lafayette (Hygie31), a major player in the health and wellness sector
- PAI Partners in the acquisition of MyFlower, the holding company of Interflora, a flower delivery e-commerce company
- Tikehau Capital:
- in the acquisition of Stokomani, a French clearance store chain
- in the acquisition of a minority stake in the Maxi Bazar group, a non-food discount products retailer
- The sellers including Eurazeo, the management and the minority stakeholders of Orolia, in signing an exclusivity agreement with Safran regarding the sale of its majority stake in the Orolia group, a world leader in R-PNT (Resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing) solutions and applications
- The sellers including LFPI and the management of Explinvest, on the sale of Explinvest, holding of Titanobel's group, a leading industrial explosives manufacturer and drilling, blasting and technical services provider based in France, to Incitec Pivot Limited
- Vivalto Partners in the acquisition of the Vivalto Santé group, the third leading group of private hospitals in France
University Nancy II
University of Sheffield
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris
Recognition & Awards
Maxence is consistently recognized as a leader in his field by International and French preeminent, peer-reviewed publications:
- Top ranked in Band 1 in Private Equity: Mid-Market by Chambers and Partners Europe 2022
- Top ranked as Leading Individual in Private Equity: LBO by Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Recommended in Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, and Private Equity Law by Best Lawyers in France 2023
He was also recognized as valedictorian of Lauréat de l’Ordre des Avocats.
Maxence’s recent publications and speaking engagements include:
- Author, "Le seuil de 10 % sur le contrôle des investissements étrangers en France pourrait être durablement maintenu," Option Finance, January 2022
- Co-Author, “Restructuring et Private Equity : maîtriser la nouvelle donne," Capital Finance, March 2020
- Speaker, “Contrôles des investissements étrangers : enjeux et pratiques dans les secteurs stratégiques,” Option Droit & Affaires, January 2023
- Speaker, “Le LBO, un marché aux nuances infinies ?,” Les Echos Capital Finance, February 2022
- Panelist, “Sorties de LBO : quelles bonnes pratiques?,” Les Rencontres Private Equity, Option Finance, March 2020
- Speaker, “Restructuring et Private Equity : Maîtriser la nouvelle donne,” Les Echos, February 2020
- Speaker, “Contrôle des investissements étrangers,” Les Echos, November 2018