Maria Dragun is an associate in Goodwin’s Technology and Life Sciences groups in London. Ms. Dragun focuses on transactions in the technology, life sciences and healthcare sectors, acting for companies as well investors and management teams. She has a broad corporate practice and provides advice at all stages of the corporate life cycle, including advising on venture capital investments and exits, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Ms. Dragun’s representative experience includes advising:
- SynAffix and its selling shareholders on its sale to Lonza. Under the terms of the sale and purchase agreement, Lonza have paid Synaffix’s shareholders an upfront payment of €100 million, with the potential for shareholders to receive an additional payment of up to €60 million contingent on financial performance
- Immunocore Limited, a leading clinical-stage T cell receptor biotechnology company, on its collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, including an investment of up to $40 million to support development of certain immunotherapies for infectious diseases*
- Immunocore Limited on its $130 million Series B funding round led by General Atlantic*
- A leading British life sciences company on a number of equity financings, comprising both placings for existing shareholders and funding from new investors of up to c. $100 million, as well as general corporate advisory matters*
- A leading VC fund on its Series A investment in a mental health technology company*
- Aquis Exchange plc, the pan-European equities exchange operator and technology service provider, on its initial public offering on AIM*
- A leading British life sciences company on its initial public offering on the Main Market of the LSE*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Dragun was an associate at Slaughter and May. As part of her time at Slaughter and May, Ms. Dragun also completed a secondment to BlackRock’s legal team.
Legal Practice Course2014
BPP Law School
Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course2013
BPP Law School
BA English Literature2012
University of Cambridge
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales