Benjamin Garçon is a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity group.
He advises domestic and European private equity funds in their investment in French companies, with a particular focus on leverage buyouts transactions (LBOs).
He also represents managers in the negotiation, structuring, and implementation of their management packages.
Passionate about entrepreneurship, he also advises start-ups and SMEs at various stages from incubation and equity financing rounds to external growth transactions and exits.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Benjamin was an associate at SJ Berwin.
He is fluent in French and English.
Benjamin’s recent experience include advising:
- Ardian on the sale of Citoxlab, (CRO) to Charles River Laboratories International, the global leader in the CRO industry
- Eurazeo PME on the acquisition of the EFESO group, a France-based consultancy firm specialized in business and organization strategy
- Keensight Capital on the LBO acquisition of the Datawords group, a group specialized in customized international campaigns for global brands
- Montefiore Investment on the acquisition of the French restaurants operator Groupe ETLB, holding company of Côté Sushi and Maison Poké
- Montefiore Investment and European Digital Group
- on the acquisition of a majority stake in Ad’s Up Consulting, a Google Ads agency specializing in creating and optimizing marketing campaigns on search engines and social media
- on the acquisition of a minority stake in the company Follow, an influence marketing and management digital agency specialized in social networks
- on the acquisition of a majority stake in the company Metsys, a consulting company that supports clients in their digital transformation
- on the acquisition of Orès Group, an independent creative agency
- Azulis Capital and Time for Growth on the sale of La Boutique Officielle, a French leading streetwear e-retailer
- Libeo, a Paris-based fintech startup specialized in B-to-B payment solutions, on its €2 million seed and €4 million Series A financing rounds
- Pixpay, a Paris-based FinTech proving banking solutions for teenagers, on its €8 million Series A financing round
Master II in Business and Tax Law
University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne
Master I in Business Law
University of Paris II – Panthéon-Assas
Master Grande Ecole
Audencia Business School (ESC Nantes)
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris
- Speaker, “Playing on a Global Stage: Understanding Cyber Trends and Making the Big Deals,” Cyber Week Tel Aviv, June 2022