Kevin Guan is an associate in the firm’s Business Law department and Life Sciences group. Kevin has experience in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, cross-border licensing, joint ventures, China inbound and outbound transactions, foreign direct investments, and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2021, Kevin was most recently the in-house counsel at a tech startup in Hong Kong and previously practiced in the Shanghai office of a major US law firm. Kevin is a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker and is fluent in English.
Kevin’s experience includes representing:
- AccuGen Group in its Series Seed Plus financing
- Allogene Therapeutics in its collaboration and license agreement with and equity investment into Antion Biosciences
- Apollomics, Inc. in its license agreement with Edison Oncology
- Biotheus, Inc. in its licensing and collaboration transaction with Hansoh for its EGCR/MET bispecific antibody
- BridGene Biosciences in its Series A financing
- DualityBio in its global strategic partnership with BioNTech on two ADC programs
- HiFiBiO Therapeutics in its Series D financing
- HighTide Therapeutics in its Series C financing
- HTDK Group in its collaboration transaction with Sofwave Medical.
- Jemincare in its licensing transaction with Genentech for its novel oral androgen receptor degrader.
- Neuro3 Therapeutics in its acquisition of the exclusive worldwide right to develop and commercialize clinical stage KCNQ2 from Lundbeck
- Novita Pharmaceuticals in its license agreement with China Resources Double-Crane
- Novo Holdings in its acquisition of Ritedose Corporation
- OrbiMed in its joint venture’s licensing transaction with Kinnate Biopharma
- Seagen Inc. in its licensing and collaboration transaction with Zai Lab for TIVDAK®
- Sichuan Kelun-Biotech Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd. in its licensing and collaboration transaction with Merck for seven pre-clinical ADC programs
- SK Biopharmaceuticals in its launch of Ignis Therapeutics, a biotech joint venture with 6 Dimensions Capital and other notable investors
- Numerous biotech startups in their formation and early-stage financing
- Numerous venture capital funds in their early-stage investments in biotech startups
- Eight Roads Ventures in its venture capital investments in numerous China-based startups*
- MedBanks Network Technology Co., Ltd. in its Series B and Series C financing*
- Tongfu Microelectronics Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.’s two semiconductor packaging factories in Asia*
- VcanBio Cell & Gene Engineering Corp., Ltd. in its acquisition of OriGene Technologies, Inc.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Columbia Law School
Sun Yat-sen University
Sun Yat-sen University
- New York
- HK Registered Foreign Lawyer (New York)