CC Jiao is an associate in the firm’s Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. Ms. Jiao’s practice focuses on commercial and financial litigation, with an emphasis on consumer finance litigation. Ms. Jiao also advises financial service providers on regulatory and compliance requirements on both the federal and state level. Ms. Jiao joined Goodwin in 2022.
Ms. Jiao is an experienced financial services attorney and an accomplished litigator. Her practice, which spans both federal and state courts, includes:
- Defending financial institutions in class actions brought in state and federal court involving consumer protection statutes, such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the Rosenthal Act.
- Representing financial services clients in matters involving consumer lending practices, including the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Truth In Lending Act (TILA), Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Regulations, as well as guidelines promulgated by the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) and other agencies.
- Representing mortgage lenders and loan servicers in contested mortgage foreclosure litigation, at both the trial and appellate levels.
- Advising companies on compliance and regulatory issues, including those relating to the FCRA, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, state licensure requirements, and compliance risk in developing and launching new financial services products.
Areas of Practice
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Jiao worked at several large law firms where her practice included representing financial institutions in actions alleging violations of the FCRA, FDCPA, TILA, and other consumer protection statutes and providing compliance and regulatory guidance to lenders and FinTech companies.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
(cum laude, Order of the Coif)
Bachelor in Applied Science2004
University of Pennsylvania
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Bankruptcy Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit