Keith Kessinger is an associate in the firm’s Financial Industry, Fintech and Mergers & Acquisitions practices. Mr. Kessinger represents an array of financial services clients, including hedge funds, venture capital funds, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, investment banks, asset and wealth managers, as well as family offices and high net worth investors. Mr. Kessinger has advised on asset and equity transactions on both the buy and sell sides, convertible note offerings, joint ventures, IP and technology transfers and licensing, and other matters relating to general corporate and securities law.
- F1 Holdings Corp. and an investor group led by Gallatin Point Capital LLC on a definitive agreement to sell F1 Holdings Corp. to Stellantis N.V. in an all cash transaction for approximately $285 million.
- Represented a foreign financial institution in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in a domestic hedge fund with an enterprise value in excess of $100 million.*
- Represented a hedge fund manager in the issuance of equity to an offshore wealth manager in exchange for a $75 million investment.*
- Represented the principals in the formation of a real estate private equity fund, including the issuance of equity to a strategic investor in exchange for a $50 million investment.*
- Represented a seeder in a $30 million investment in a hedge fund manager in exchange for equity and special revenue sharing rights.*
- Represented a hedge fund, as potential lead investor, in Series H financing round of a private company with a pre-money valuation of more than $1.5 billion.*
- Represented a prominent institutional investor in a connection with multiple early-stage investments in fintech companies focused on blockchain, cryptocurrencies and financial analytics tools.
- Representing a private equity fund in multiple add-on acquisitions for a portfolio company focused on vending and coffee services.*
- Represented a startup beverage company in a convertible note offering and subsequent Series A financing round.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Kessinger was a reporter and editor of an online IT publication. In addition, he was an editor of the Journal of Law & Social Justice at Boston College Law School.
Boston College Law School
- New York