Michelle Knoop, a partner in Goodwin's Technology and Life Sciences groups, specializes in all areas of corporate and securities laws, with a primary focus on advising emerging-growth technology companies. Ms. Knoop joined Goodwin in 2014. She serves as a member of the hiring committee for Goodwin’s Silicon Valley office and as the co-chair of the women’s initiative of Goodwin’s Silicon Valley office.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Knoop served as a law clerk for the Honorable Carlos Bea of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Ms. Knoop’s representation of companies spans the entire corporate life-cycle, including pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, secondary sales and private liquidity programs, public offerings, corporate governance, public company representation and mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Knoop also works with venture capitalists in private stock offerings.
Ms. Knoop is also involved in pro bono matters, serving as a team leader in Goodwin’s Neighborhood Business Initiative, and has been a guest presenter at the University of Missouri’s Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic.
Ms. Knoop is also a contributor to Goodwin’s Founders Workbench, an online resource for start-ups, emerging companies, and the entrepreneurial community.
- Has represented private companies and venture capital firms in over $6 billion worth of venture capital and strategic financings and tender offers.
- Represents numerous private companies
- Represents venture capital firms such as Accel Partners, Bond Capital, DCM, Greylock Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Ribbit Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank.
- Eventbrite, Inc. in its initial public offering
- The underwriters in the initial public offering of Snap Inc.
- Amplify Snack Brands in its initial public offering and follow-on public offering
- The underwriters in the initial public offering and follow-on public offering of Talend, Inc.
- The underwriters in the initial public offering of Penumbra, Inc.
- Amplify Snack Brands in its acquisition of U.K. snack maker Tyrrells
University of Missouri School of Law
BS in Business Admin2013
University of Missouri
Recognition & Awards
While attending law school, Ms. Knoop was the senior lead articles editor on the Missouri Law Review.