David Mardle is a partner in Goodwin’s Technology and Life Sciences group with 20 years of experience advising on financings and M&A transactions in the life sciences and technology sectors. Leveraging his significant M&A experience combined with his general corporate and capital markets expertise, David now concentrates his focus on representing emerging companies providing counsel on corporate and capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2019, David was a partner at Taylor Wessing LLP.
David serves as secretary to Cambridge Network, a networking organization for business people and academics working in technology fields in the Cambridge area of the UK. The businesses and organizations that make up its membership are typical of those found in the “Cambridge Cluster” or Silicon Fen.
David is also a member of the working group of the British Venture Capital Association for the model documents for equity investment transactions.
University of Oxford
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Recognition & Awards
Chambers and Partners UK (2023) ranked David in Band 1 for Private Equity: Venture Capital Investment and recognized his “extensive experience” in advising clients on Life Sciences: Transactional matters. Moreover, The Legal 500 UK (2023) listed David in their ‘Hall of Fame’ to recognize continued praise from corporate and commercial clients.
Client testimonials cite:
- "David Mardle is an excellent and pragmatic lawyer who proactively recommends solutions to complex problems."
- "He is an excellent lawyer: commercial, savvy and available."
- "We worked with Goodwin on the acquisition of our startup. David Mardle was a pleasure to work with – expert and knowledgeable as well as efficient. We felt in safe hands and his calm confidence made the deal much less stressful than it might have been."
- “A very practical and commercial lawyer.”