Carlota Montes is an associate in Goodwin’s Technology group. She started at the firm in 2021. Carlota concentrates her work on M&A transactions.
Carlota concentrates her legal practice in representing strategic acquirers in public and private M&A transactions, both domestically and cross-border. Along with strategic acquirors, Carlota also works with venture funds and strategic venture investors in a range of transactions including internal restructurings, divestitures, general corporate matters, and M&A exits.
Carlota’s representative matters include:
- Krypt in its sale to BV Investment partners
- Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) in its acquisition of RafterOne
- Network for Good, Inc. in its acquisition by the social good software platform backed by funds advised by Apax Partners LLP and formed through the combination of CyberGrants, EveryAction, and Social Solutions
- Ciitizen Corporation in its acquisition by Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA)
- A leading provider of intelligent cloud contact center software in its acquisition of a global provider of Intelligent Virtual Agents for sales and service organizations*
- A leading software and fabless company specializing in graphics processing units in its acquisition of an Israel-based leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage, for a total enterprise value of approximately $7 billion*
- A leading digital infrastructure, data management, and digital solutions company in multiple acquisitions, including an AI-driven data management software developer, a provider of intelligent data cataloging solutions for DataOps and a start-up company specializing in the Kubernetes open-source platform space*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Carlota was an associate at Jones Day.
Areas of Practice
Carlota is a board member at the non-profit Step Forward Foundation, where she serves as Secretary.
University of California, Berkeley School of Law
University of California, Berkeley