Kevin Morrissey is an associate in the firm’s Business Law department and a member of its Real Estate Industry group. Kevin advises institutional real estate companies and investors in a variety of commercial real estate transactions including complex joint ventures, mortgage financings, and asset-level and entity-level acquisitions and dispositions. He joined Goodwin in 2020.
Areas of Practice
- A global real estate owner/operator in the sale of three multi-family buildings in Connecticut and Rhode Island for an aggregate purchase price of $116,500,000
- A global real estate owner/operator in the sale of a multi-family building located in Boston’s Financial District for a purchase price of $120,000,000
- A global real estate owner/operator in obtaining mortgage financing in the aggregate principal amount of $155,000,000 for a portfolio of sixteen industrial assets located throughout the United States
- A nationally recognized real estate investment management company in the formation and administration of a programmatic joint venture for the acquisition, development, redevelopment and management of mixed-use, multi-family housing developments in Santa Monica, California
- A nationally recognized real estate investment management company in the formation and administration of two joint ventures for the acquisition, development, redevelopment and management of two mixed use, multi-family housing developments in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- A publicly traded REIT in the execution of a Master Development Agreement whereby the REIT committed to fund up to $575,000,000 in development costs for four casino projects in Illinois, Ohio, and Nevada
Kevin was a summer associate at Goodwin in 2019. As a third year law student, Kevin worked as a law clerk for the firm’s Debt Finance practice group. While attending Boston University School of Law, Kevin represented pro bono, entrepreneurial clients through the BU/MIT Start Up Law clinic. Kevin also represented pro bono clients in small claims court through the BU Law Consumer Debt Practicum.
Prior to law school, Kevin worked as a legal intern at Flanagan and Associates, LLC.
Boston University School of Law
Bachelor in Business Administration2017
UMass Amherst Isenberg School of Management