Stuart Ogg is a partner in the firm’s Technology group, focusing on general corporate and federal securities law matters and capital markets transactions. He has represented issuers, underwriters, and investors in a variety of capital markets transactions for more than 25 years, including IPOs, high yield and convertible debt offerings, tender offers and exchange offers, restructurings, and private equity and venture capital investments. He counsels clients on complex federal securities law disclosure and compliance issues, as well as NYSE and Nasdaq listing and corporate governance matters. Mr. Ogg has extensive experience in public and private M&A and transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs). He has also advised clients on corporate and securities law matters in high-profile bankruptcy and restructuring matters.
Mr. Ogg represents a number of clients in technology industries, including semiconductor design and manufacturing, software, digital media, and hardware, advising clients in public-company securities law reporting compliance and disclosure matters, corporate governance, debt and equity financings, and mergers and acquisitions. He also frequently represents issuers and underwriters across numerous industries in investment grade and high yield debt offerings. Mr. Ogg’s recent representative experience includes advising:
- A leading pleasure and leisure lifestyle company in its $217 million follow-on public offering of common stock*
- A leading conversational AI and automation platform in connection with its Series D financing*
- A leading pleasure and leisure lifestyle company in connection with its merger with a special purpose acquisition company and related Nasdaq listing and PIPE financing*
- A leading independent private equity and investment firm in connection with the initial public offering and follow-on secondary offering of an aggregate of $540 million of common stock of a leading global developer and manufacturer of high-performance PC gear and technology*
- One of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals in connection with multiple Rule 144A offerings of an aggregate of $4.5 billion of senior notes*
- A global leader in business cloud software products in connection with its Rule 144A offering of $1 billion of senior notes*
- A leading worldwide developer and supplier of custom-designed human interface semiconductor product solutions in connection with its $139 million divestiture of its Asia-based mobile touch controller and digital display integration product line to a private investment firm*
- A leading North American manufacturer of semi-fabricated specialty aluminum mill products in connection with multiple Rule 144A offerings of an aggregate of $900 million of senior notes*
- A London Stock Exchange-listed financial services firm in connection with its $118 million acquisition of a US-based technology-enabled provider of specialist fund administration services*
- One of the largest US-based privately-held diversified corporations in the world in its investment of up to £175 million in Convertible Redeemable Preferred Shares of an AIM listed UK-based global designer, manufacturer and distributor of flooring products*
- A publicly-traded global provider of comprehensive environmental, compliance and waste management services in connection with its stock-for-stock merger with a leading publicly-traded North American provider of environmental services*
- Underwriters in connection with the public offering of $400 million of senior notes by one of the nation’s largest publicly-traded homebuilders*
- A leading mid-market private equity firm in connection with the sale of a global provider of comprehensive environmental, compliance and waste management services to a special purpose acquisition company and related NYSE American listing and PIPE financing*
- A Korea-based designer and manufacturer of semiconductor products in connection with a $45 million secondary public offering of common stock*
- A publicly-traded provider of innovative power management and precision analog semiconductor solutions in connection with its $3.2 billion acquisition by a Tokyo-based semiconductor company*
- A vertically-integrated manufacturer, distributor, and retailer of branded fashion basic apparel in connection with its at-the-market common stock offering program*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Boston University School of Law
B.A., Political Science1991
- New York
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Ogg has been recognized for Capital Markets; Equity Offerings (2012 and 2013) and High Yield Debt Offerings (2015) in The Legal 500 US. He was also named one of “L.A.’s Top 40 Dealmakers” in “Who’s Who in L.A. Law” 2011 by the Los Angeles Business Journal.