Indy Sohal is an associate in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group. Mr. Sohal advises on the formation and operation of real estate funds and joint ventures, as well as structured corporate acquisitions and disposals involving real estate.
Mr. Sohal’s representative experience includes:
- Advising Frogmore Real Estate Partners IV, L.P. on the acquisition of a corporate structure owning the Hilton London Olympia from a subsidiary of Singapore listed Hotel Properties Limited, for a consideration of £130 million;
- Advising a real estate investment fund manager on the restructure and sale of interests in its management business to the property investment arm of a Canadian state pension organisation, and the related establishment of a new club fund to invest £1.5 billion in the build-to-rent sector*;
- Advising a German-based fund manager on its c. £480 million acquisition of the corporate structure owning an office building in Aldgate, to be the future London headquarters for a British multinational telecommunications company*;
- Advising a global asset manager on the disposal of a 25.5% stake in one of the U.K.’s largest portfolios of supermarket properties for c. £115 million*;
- Advising a pan-European private equity real estate firm on the indirect disposal of a City of London office property for £255 million*;
- Advising a joint venture between a Canadian multinational real estate investment company and a fund advised by British property development company on raising £660 million of external funds for investment into a leading U.K. build-to-rent platform*;
- Advising a statutory body which manages the Malaysian government pension fund on its acquisition of the corporate structure owning two purpose-built student accommodation schemes*; and
- Advising a global asset manager on a series of joint ventures with the investment arm of a Canadian state pension fund, focused on property acquisition and development in relation to separate portfolios in Hoxton and Cambridge*.
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2021, Mr. Sohal trained at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP, qualifying into the Funds & Investment Management group in 2020.
University of Law
Bachelor of Laws2015
University of Birmingham
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales