Suffolk University School of Law
(magna cum laude)
Sophia University (Tokyo, Japan)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Recognition & Awards
Ms. Tajima was the recipient of the Suffolk University Law Faculty Outstanding Student Award-Evening Division at graduation. During law school, Ms. Tajima received Jurisprudence Awards for Constitutional Law, Commercial Law Sales, Criminal Law and Professional Responsibility.
She was also a member of the Moot Court Board and the Journal of Trial and Appellate Advocacy, and participated in the Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
Ms. Tajima is a frequent speaker on the topic of transactional insurance:
- “Case Law Relevant to R&W Insurance Recovery,” 6th Annual Reps & Warranties and Transactional Liability Insurance ExecuSummit, May 2022
- “Claims in a Maturing Market,” 2022 PLUS Transactional Risk Symposium, February 2022
- “R&W Insurance - Latest Trends,” Boston Bar Association Webinar, February 2022
- “Deal With Me: Transaction Insurance Leaders Chat featuring Ai Tajima and Ashley Parsa,” Professional Liability Underwriting Society Podcast, January 2022
- “Reps and Warranties Insurance Claims Recovery,” Strafford Webinars, October 2021
- “Case Law Relevant to R&W Insurance Recovery,” 5th Annual Reps & Warranties and Transactional Liability Insurance ExecuSummit, May 2021
- “Reps & Warranties – COVID-19 and Beyond,” ACG Los Angeles, April 2020
- “Transactional Coverage: Policyholders’ Expectations,” 4th Annual Reps & Warranties & Transactional Liability Insurance ExecuSummit, May 2019
- “Reps & Warranties: Trends & Challenges on the Immediate Horizon,” PLUS 2018 Conference, November 2018
- “Healthcare Transactions: Insurance Solutions for Private Equity Buyers and Sellers,” M&A, RWI and Transactional Risk Insurance, October 2018
- “Exclusions: Standard Exclusions in the Policy Form As Well As Policy Exclusions That Are Industry-Specific and/or Underwriting Driven,” 3rd Annual Reps & Warranties & Transactional Liability Insurance ExecuSummit, May 2018
- Ms. Tajima co-wrote “Building a Better D&O Insurance Program” (Corporate Secretary, 2016).
- Ms. Tajima also co-wrote chapters of Investment Management: Law and Practice (Oxford University Press 2010) concerning US legal frameworks over investment management.