Simone Waterbury is a counsel in Goodwin’s Antitrust and Competition practice. She advises domestic and multinational businesses and private equity firms on their obligations under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act and foreign merger control and foreign direct investment regimes, assessing reportability for a wide variety of complex transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, hospital collaborations, license agreements, investment funds, and club deals.
Simone’s recent representative experience includes:
- Poshmark in its acquisition by Naver Corporation for approximately $1.6 billion
- Citrix Systems in its definitive agreement under which affiliates of Vista Equity Partners, and Evergreen Coast Capital Corporation, an affiliate of Elliott Investment Management L.P., will acquire Citrix for $16.5 billion
- Forma Therapeutics in its acquisition by Novo Nordisk for $1.1 billion
- Thoma Bravo in its acquisition of Nearmap for AUD $1.055 billion
- 908 Devices in its acquisition of TRACE Analytics
- TA Associates in its significant strategic growth investment in Veracode
- Backstage Holdings in its acquisition by Cast & Crew
- Audacious Inquiry in its acquisition by PointClickCare Technologies
- ELEVATE Management in its sale to LRQA
- Helion in its $500 million Series E financing
- EverTrue in its merger with ThankView
- Trillium Therapeutics in its acquisition by Pfizer for $2.26 billion
Prior to joining Goodwin, Simone was an associate at Ropes & Gray LLP.
Suffolk University Law School