Privacy and cybersecurity continue to be among the top issues facing companies and in-house counsel. From the rise of artificial intelligence and the internet of things (IoT), to ransomware and the Privacy Shield, the ever-evolving privacy landscape presents unique risks for businesses across industries. Please join Goodwin lawyers for a lively session that will address:
- The intersection of the IoT, artificial intelligence and privacy obligations
- The business impact of recent changes to the EU privacy law framework on U.S. companies, including the Privacy Shield and General Data Protection Regulation
- Ransom attacks; including what to do in the event of an attack, the increased use of phishing emails and how these have contributed to the rise in ransom attacks
- The evolving role of, and risks to, corporate boards in cybersecurity
- How data driven organizations can prepare for and respond to law enforcement requests for personally identifiable information
- Potential impact of the incoming administration on privacy and cybersecurity obligations and enforcement
A Chair of Goodwin's Privacy + Cybersecurity practice, as well as its Business Litigation practice, and a partner in Goodwin’s Business Litigation Group and a member of its Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice, will be joined by partners Grant Fondo and Bill Growney on the panel for this event.