Corporate Senior Paralegal — Life Sciences (Multiple Openings) (Remote Eligible)
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,400 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
Goodwin is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to work remotely. We enable a flexible approach for specific positions. We are open to candidates who live in CA, DC, MA, NY, CT, MD, NJ. We may also consider candidates who live in GA, IL, MN, OH, PA, SC, UT, WA, CO, VA. NV, TN, NH, TX and WY.
For Life Sciences companies of all sizes, the pace and pressure can be relentless: create, innovate, revise, compete, survive, grow, thrive. As a leading Life Sciences firm, Goodwin shares our clients’ entrepreneurial spirit. We partner with them to grow their business and realize their potential more effectively — with a combination of legal experience and business savvy that can scale with management teams from the earliest stages of development through mature public company. As a Paralegal supporting Life Sciences companies, you will have the opportunity to develop strong relationships with our attorneys and clients, while building substantive and institutional knowledge that adds critical value to our practice. You will be responsible for entity formation and corporate governance, assisting attorneys with various corporate transactions including M&A, venture capital and securities offerings.
What you do:
- Assist with various corporate transactions including venture capital financings, M&A and other securities offerings
- Assist with entity formations
- Assist with equity administration, including stock option plan administration, preparing related documents and filings, maintaining stock ledgers and preparing stock certificates
- Conduct research on state and federal securities laws and assist with filings
- Assist with all aspects of corporate maintenance and governance
- Other tasks as assigned by attorneys
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a corporate paralegal. Expertise working within the Life Sciences business sector is a plus.
- Paralegal Certificate or qualifying work experience required. In California, paralegals must comply with Business and Professions Code Section 6450.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly focused
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Familiarity with Carta, Shareworks or similar Web based equity tracking system
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: IPO and public offering matters, including registration statement capitalization spreadsheets, beneficial ownership matters, section 16 reporting, exchange applications, confidential treatment applications, and transfer agent onboarding.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.