Senior Paralegal, Real Estate Industry (REI)
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,400 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
What You Do:
- Order, review, and summarize title commitments, exception documents and surveys, interfacing directly with the title company and surveyor to resolve any issues or discrepancies and to negotiate title insurance policy coverage.
- Preparation and administration of contract critical dates and closing checklists.
- Coordination and assistance with all aspects of real estate closings, including ordering and reviewing diligence materials (e.g., zoning reports, UCC lien searches), and preparation of conveyance documents.
- Preparation of initial draft documents, amendments to agreements or leases and miscellaneous documents, including estoppel certificates, SNDAs and Memos of Lease, for attorney review.
- Knowledge of formation of entities and the preparation and/or review of organizational and authority documents.
- Attending to all post-closing requirements, including preparation of closing indices, the preparation and organization of closing binders, and monitoring all post-closing deliveries or requirements.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of experience in commercial real estate transaction, including experience with acquisitions, dispositions, and financings with a focus on title & survey matters are required.
- You will have strong organizational and communication skills, be capable of handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and be able to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to provide a min of 1600 billable hours.