Senior Paralegal — Temp — Real Estate Industry (REI)
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,200-plus lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
What you do:
- The Senior Commercial Real Estate Paralegal will be primarily responsible for assisting real estate attorneys in multiple offices with reviewing title commitments, title exception documents, and surveys, preparing title and survey summaries, communicating with attorneys and title agents regarding title issues and assisting with the negotiation of title insurance policy coverage
- You will also be responsible for assisting with diligence on commercial real estate closings and conducting research on property through, and obtaining documents from various Registries of Deeds and the Land Court, as applicable.
- The paralegal may be asked to assist with transactions including drafting and compiling transaction documents, forming corporate entities, preparing closing checklists and tracking completion of checklist items; and, preparing closing binders.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of experience working in commercial real estate with a focus on title & survey matters are required.
- Able to provide a min of 1600 billable hours.
- You will have strong organizational and communication skills, be capable of handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and be able to work well in a team oriented environment.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.