Senior Paralegal, Technology
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,400 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
Goodwin is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to work remotely. We enable a flexible approach for specific positions. We are open to candidates who live in CA, DC, MA, NY, CT, MD, NJ. We may also consider candidates who live in GA, IL, MN, OH, PA, SC, UT, WA, CO, VA. NV, TN, NH, TX and WY.
For technology companies of all sizes, the pace and pressure can be relentless: create, innovate, revise, compete, survive, grow, thrive. As a leading technology company law firm, Goodwin shares our clients’ entrepreneurial spirit. We partner with them to grow their business and realize their potential more effectively – with a combination of legal experience and business savvy that can scale with management teams from the earliest stages of development through mature public company.
As a Paralegal supporting technology companies, you will have the opportunity to develop strong relationships with our attorneys and clients, while building substantive and institutional knowledge that adds critical value to our practice. You will be responsible for entity formation and corporate governance, assisting attorneys with various corporate transactions including M&A, venture capital and securities offerings.
What you do:
- Assists with various corporate transactions including venture capital financings, M&A and other securities offerings.
- Assists with entity formations.
- Assists with stock plan and stock option administration, preparing related documents and filings Prepares stock certificates and ledgers.
- Conducts research on state and federal securities laws and assists with filings.
- Assists with all aspects of corporate maintenance and governance.
- Other tasks as assigned by attorneys.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a corporate paralegal in addition to having expertise working within the Technology business sector.
- Paralegal Certificate or qualifying work experience required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to exude a high level of attention to detail.
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work well in a team oriented environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Familiarity with Carta, Shareworks or similar Web based equity tracking system.
Consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.