(Sr.) Paralegal, Debt Finance (Remote working available)
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,600 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
At Goodwin we realize that being a paralegal is not just a job, it is a profession. As professionals, Paralegals are offered opportunities to play key roles on our client teams while also developing themselves to the highest caliber. Goodwin Paralegals work side-by-side with attorneys to provide high-quality, cost effective legal services on each of our groundbreaking matters. They add value through experience, advising on how to best approach tasks at hand.
Goodwin’s Debt Finance group represents private equity firms, corporate borrowers, hedge funds and financial institutions in connection with junior and senior debt financings for leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and other strategic transactions across a range of industries.
The senior paralegal will assist the attorneys with all aspects of secured lending transactions and acquisition financing transactions, as well as general corporate matters.
What you’ll do:
- Draft officer certificates, board and shareholder resolutions and side letters
- Conduct lien searches and prepare summaries
- Order and review certificates of good standing and corporate charters
- Prepare disclosure schedules
- Prepare UCC filings
- Manage closing agendas and organize closing documents
- Track and organize signature pages
- Prepare and deliver closing binders
- Coordinate payoff and lien release documents
- May handle entity formation; ongoing corporate maintenance; drafting of board minutes and maintaining minute books
Who you are:
- BA/BS required
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Paralegal Certificate or qualifying work experience required
- Experience on both borrower and lender side of leveraged finance transactions preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
Consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.