Senior Paralegal, Technology
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,200-plus lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
For technology companies of all sizes, the pace and pressure can be relentless: create, innovate, revise, compete, survive, grow, thrive. As a leading technology company law firm, Goodwin shares our clients’ entrepreneurial spirit. We partner with them to grow their business and realize their potential more effectively — with a combination of legal experience and business savvy that can scale with management teams from the earliest stages of development through mature public company.
As a (Sr.) Paralegal supporting technology companies, you will have the opportunity to develop strong relationships with our attorneys and clients, while building substantive and institutional knowledge that adds critical value to our practice. You will be responsible for entity formation and corporate governance, assisting attorneys with various corporate transactions including M&A, venture capital and securities offerings.
What You’ll Do:
- Assists with various corporate transactions including venture capital financings, M&A and other securities offerings
- Assists with entity formations
- Assists with stock plan and stock option administration, preparing related documents and filings Prepares stock certificates and ledgers
- Conducts research on state and federal securities laws and assists with filings
- Assists with all aspects of corporate maintenance and governance
- Other tasks as assigned by attorneys
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a corporate paralegal in addition to having expertise working within the Technology business sector
- Paralegal Certificate or qualifying work experience required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to exude a high level of attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Familiarity with Carta, Shareworks or similar Web based equity tracking system