Paralegal File Clerk
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,600 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
The paralegal file clerk will be responsible for providing file creation, organization and maintenance services to the paralegals, working with litigation documents stored both electronically and in hard-copy.
What You'll Do:
- Develop knowledge of client documents and court filings to provide support to paralegals which includes indexing, uploading, tracking, retrieving and re-filing voluminous documents related to various types of litigation matters. Aptitude to establish systems to improve overall performance of all clerical functions.
- Update, maintain, and organize electronic client and court files Assist staff in scanning, printing, locating, and mailing client documents when the firm files or receives them.
- Prepare client files for offsite storage, maintain client inventory of closed files in storage and contact storage company for pick up and returns.
- Dispose of files according to established document-retention schedules. Prepares work and research binders.
Who You Are:
- Associate's Degree required.
- 1 to 2 years working in an office preferably a law firm
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal), attention to detail, and follow through is a must.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must work well in a team oriented environment and be able to complete daily work without supervision.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Word and Excel required.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.