Paralegal Specialist, Technology (IPO)
Paralegal Specialist - IPOsFor technology companies of all sizes, the pace and pressure can be relentless: create, innovate, revise, compete, survive, grow, thrive. As a leading technology company law firm, Goodwin shares our clients’ entrepreneurial spirit. We partner with them to grow their business and realize their potential more effectively – with a combination of legal experience and business savvy that can scale with management teams from the earliest stages of development through mature public company.
As a corporate paralegal supporting technology companies, you will have the opportunity to develop strong relationships with our attorneys and clients, while building substantive and institutional knowledge that adds critical value to our practice. You will be responsible for entity formation and corporate governance, assisting attorneys with various corporate transactions including M&A, venture capital and securities offerings. Goodwin has a robust base of private company clients that seek to go public and the Paralegal Specialist – IPO role involves drafting documentation for filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, assembling financial records, compiling information and materials related to company ownership and writing officers' biographies. Corporate paralegals who assist with IPOs should be well versed in applicable securities acts, the preparation of stock certificates and updating corporate minutes and communicating with corporate officers.
What you do:
- Assist with EDGAR and EDGAR Filer Management
- Assist with Nasdaq and NYSE applications
- Assist with Ticker Symbol Reservations
- Assist with CUSIP Numbers
- Assist with Confidential Treatment Applications
- Assist with Transfer Agent Documents and Transfer Agent Spreadsheets
- Assist with ’34 Act annual reporting matters
- Assist with public company governance matters
- Create capitalization tables
- Other tasks as assigned by attorneys and paralegal staffing
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8-10 years of experience as a corporate paralegal in a Capital Markets IPO group in addition to having expertise working within the Technology business sector.
- Paralegal Certificate or qualifying work experience required (by state)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to exude a high level of attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Proficient in Section 16 reporting and Schedule 13 reporting
- Familiarity with Carta, Shareworks or similar Web based equity tracking system
Consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.