Goodwin Procter Life Sciences clients swept the New England Venture Capital Association’s inaugural NEVY healthcare awards. Winning clients included life sciences companies Avila Therapeutics (recently acquired by Celgene), Jounce Therapeutics and Moderna Therapeutics, as well as venture capital clients Bessemer Venture Partners and Third Rock Ventures.
The 2013 NEVY Awards recognize the region’s best startups, exits, deals and entrepreneurs in both tech and healthcare. Winners were selected by an expert board of local investors and entrepreneurs and were announced at an awards event on May 1.
2013 NEVY winners included:
- Exit of the Year (Healthcare): Avila Therapeutics
- Entrepreneur of the Year (Healthcare): Katrine Bosley of Avila Therapeutics
- Best New Startup (Healthcare/Tech): Jounce Therapeutics
- Rising Star VC (Healthcare/Tech): Stephen Kraus of Bessemer Venture Partners
- Deal of the Year (Healthcare): Moderna Therapuetics
- VC of the Year (Healthcare): Third Rock Ventures
Goodwin was named the 2013 U.S. News-Best Lawyers’ “Law Firm of the Year” in Biotechnology Law. With more than 100 experienced life sciences attorneys, Goodwin Procter has one of the leading biotechnology practices in the United States. The firm’s clients include more than 400 private and public life sciences companies, from startups to Fortune 100 corporations.
Congratulations to all of the above on this significant achievement.