The Technology team is advising Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: TYPE) on a definitive agreement under which HGGC, a leading middle market private equity firm, will acquire all outstanding shares of Monotype common stock for $19.85 per share in cash, representing an aggregate equity value of approximately $825 million.
The $19.85 per share cash consideration represents a premium of approximately 23% to Monotype’s closing share price on July 25, 2019, the last full trading day before today’s announcement. The transaction, which was unanimously approved by Monotype’s Board of Directors, is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2019.
Monotype empowers creative minds to build and express authentic brands through design, technology and expertise. HGGC is a leading middle-market private equity firm with $4.3 billion in cumulative capital commitments.
The Goodwin team included:
- M&A/Corporate: partners John Mutkoski, Joe Johnson, Andrew Goodman and Lillian Kim, and associates Rob Dzialo, Nana Atsem, Darren Bartlette, Evyn Rabinowitz and Adi Ester Vinyarsh
- Antitrust: partner Andrea Agathoklis Murino and associate Matthew Wheatley
- Executive Compensation and ERISA: partner Natascha George, and associates Alex Denniston and Morgan Frisoli
- Intellectual Property: partner Joel Lehrer and associate Tim Wright
- Debt: partner Will Pearce and associate Kenny Dikas
- Tax: partner Janet Andolina and associate Alex Plaum
- Labor and Employment: associate Tim Holahan
- Privacy and Cybersecurity: counsel Jackie Klosek
- CFIUS: counsel Jacob Osborn and associate Justin Pierce
- Litigation: partner Deborah Birnbach and associate Ezekiel Hill
For additional information, please read the press release.