Refinitiv has once again named Goodwin the number one global advisor for Venture Capital and Private Equity Rounds and Venture Capital Rounds by deal count in its 2021 Global Venture Capital and Private Equity Legal Advisory League Tables. Goodwin led all law firms in the Advisors to Company and Advisors to Firm categories for all rounds based on number of rounds.
Building upon this success, Pitchbook’s Global League Tables ranked Goodwin as the number one legal advisor in the world for Venture Capital Exits by deal count in 2021. The firm was also highly ranked in the Life Sciences, Healthcare and Technology sectors, as it was named a top dealmaker by Mergermarket M&A Deal Drivers (Americas) League Tables for Pharma, Medical & Biotech M&A and Technology, Media & Telecom M&A.
These results demonstrate the unparalleled strength and reach of Goodwin’s capital-meets-innovation platform. The firm’s collaborative team of Venture Capital, Private Equity and Corporate M&A lawyers continue to advise both innovators and investors around the world, helping them navigate the increasingly technology-enabled business landscape and transform industries across sectors and geographies.
Goodwin’s standout 2021 league tables results include:
Refinitiv Global PE/VC (by Deal Count)
- #1 Advisor to Company — All Rounds (PE and VC)
- #1 Advisor to Firm — All Rounds (PE and VC)
- #1 Advisor to Firm — VC Rounds
- #2 Advisor to Company — VC Rounds
- #3 Advisor to Company — LBO & Related Rounds
PitchBook Global League Tables (by Deal Count)
- #1 Venture Capital — Exits
- #2 Venture Capital — Europe
- #3 Venture Capital — Early stage
- #3 Venture Capital — Late stage
- #3 Venture Capital — U.S.
- #3 Venture Capital — Global
- #3 M+A — U.S.
- #4 Private Equity — Healthcare
- #4 Private Equity — IT
Mergermarket M&A Deal Drivers (Americas) (by Deal Count)
- #2 Pharma, Medical & Biotech M&A
- #2 Technology, Media & Telecom M&A
- #4 All Sectors M&A
- #4 All Sectors: Mid-Market ($5m - $250m) M&A
FactSet Global M&A (by Deal Count)
- #3 Global — Announced
- #3 U.S. — Announced
- #3 U.S. Middle Market — Announced