Mr. Barker’s recent representations include:
- Representing a real estate developer in connection with a $100 million lawsuit with a joint venture partner concerning an unsuccessful development project.
- Representing the directors of a pharmaceutical company in derivative litigation concerning director compensation in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Defending a major engineering and manufacturing company in a securities class action and several related shareholder disputes.*
- Representing a major media company in litigation with its controlling shareholder in the Delaware Court of Chancery over corporate governance-related issues.*
- Representing members of an investment management partnership in a business dispute against other members of the partnership.*
- Defending a leading international financial institution in connection with an investigation by federal regulators into alleged tax-related wrongdoing.*
- Defending a major financial institution in connection with enforcement actions by banking regulators.*
- Representing a leading insurance company in connection with an internal investigation regarding alleged accounting-related wrongdoing.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.