Mr. Barker’s recent representations include:
- Defending a major engineering and manufacturing company in a securities class action and several related shareholder disputes.*
- Representing a major media company in litigation with its controlling shareholder over corporate governance-related issues.*
- Representing members of an investment management partnership in a business dispute against other members of the partnership.*
- Defending a leading international financial institution in connection with an investigation by federal regulators into alleged tax-related wrongdoing.*
- Defending a major financial institution in connection with enforcement actions by banking regulators.*
- Representing a leading insurance company in connection with an internal investigation regarding alleged accounting-related wrongdoing.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Barker was an associate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in New York. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Richard J. Sullivan, District Judge on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, and for the Honorable Priscilla R. Owen, Circuit Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.