Mr. Bates is one of the most experienced specialist licensing practitioners in Europe, advising numerous companies and investors in relation to partnering transactions.
- Advised MiNA Therapeutics Limited on entering into a Research and Collaboration Agreement with Eli Lilly and Company under which MiNA will utilize its platform technology for the discovery of novel small activating RNA compounds to identify compounds directed to up to five targets selected by Lilly.
- Advised Oxford Biomedica plc. on its new master Development and Supply Agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim for the manufacture and supply of various types of viral vectors.
- Advised SpyBiotech Limited on entering into a licence with Selexis SA under which SpyBiotech is granted rights to use certain cell banks of Selexis for the development, manufacture and commercialisation of SpyBiotech’s products.
- Advised MiNA Therapeutics Limited on its collaboration and license partnership with Les Laboratoires Servier, relating to the identification, development and commercialisation of small activating RNA (saRNA) therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders.
- Advised Avacta Group plc on entering into a license agreement with POINT Biopharma Inc., to provide access to Avacta’s proprietary pre|CISION™ technology for the development of tumour-activated radiopharmaceuticals.
Mr. Bates serves as secretary to One Nucleus, a networking organisation for Life Sciences companies based in Cambridge, London and their surrounding regions.