- HubSpot Inc. in its $460 million convertible debt issuance and exchange
- Aquabounty Technologies, Inc. in several CMPO and other underwritten public offerings
- Carbon Black, Inc. in its $163 million initial public offering
- Jounce Therapeutics, Inc. in its $80 million initial public offering
- clypd, inc. in its acquisition by AT&T
- BlueTarp Financial, Inc. in its acquisition by Capital One Financial
- Carbon Black, Inc. (CBLK) in its acquisition by VMWare, Inc. for $2.1 billion
- Infinio Systems, Inc. in its sale to Think3, a subsidiary of ESW Capital
- Brightcove Inc. in its acquisition of the online video player assets of Ooyala, Inc.
- ZOLL Data Systems, Inc. in its acquisition of Golden Hour Data Systems, Inc.
- TRGRP, Inc. in its sale to Pamlico Capital
- Carbon Black in its acquisition of Confer Technologies, Inc.
- Albany Molecular Research, Inc. in its acquisition of Aptuit Limited
- GTT Communications, Inc. in its acquisition of Megapath Group, Inc.
- OM1 in its $21 million Series B and $50 million Series C financings
- Panorama Education, Inc. in its venture capital financings
- clypd, Inc. in its venture capital financings
- Allego, Inc. in its venture capital financings
- TVision Insights, Inc. in its $13 million Series A-3 financing
- MarkForged, Inc. in its $82 million Series D financing
- Sonrai Security, Inc. in its $18 million Series A financing
- BitSight Technologies, Inc. in its $48 million tender offer, $23 million Series B financing, $40 million Series C financing and $60 million Series D financing
- Boston Microfluidics, Inc. in its $17.5 million Series A financing
- Salsify, Inc. in its $43 million Series D financing
- A healthcare IT company in its Series Seed financing
- A cyber security company in its $15 million Series A-1 financing
- Represents venture capital firms, including Addition Ventures, Ascension Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Charles River Ventures, Flare Capital Partners, Highland Capital Partners, Optum Ventures and Sequoia Capital, in venture capital financings
- Advised numerous private companies in convertible-debt and SAFE financing transactions
Mr. Berman is an affiliate attorney with the University of Michigan Entrepreneurship Clinic. His pro bono matters include work with Project Citizenship and the Neighborhood Business Initiative.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Berman was a consultant with the accounting firm Invotex Inc. of Baltimore, Maryland.