Mr. DeJong's representative matters include:
- Genentech et al. v. Celltrion et al. (D. Del.), representing Celltrion/Teva in suit under the BPCIA related to biosimilar of Herceptin.
* See https://www.goodwinlaw.com/news/2017/9/09_20_17-goodwin-secures-patent-win-for-celltrion
- Genentech et al. v. Celltrion et al. (D. N.J.), representing Celltrion/Teva in suit under the BPCIA related to biosimilar of Rituxan.
- Gillette v. Dollar Shave Club (D. Del.), representing Gillette in a suit involving patents on razor blade edge coatings.
- Tris Pharma, Inc. v. Actavis Elizabeth LLC (D. Del.), representing Actavis in ANDA case involving methylphenidate hydrochloride extended-release chewable tablets.
- Dow Pharma. Sciences v. Teva (D. N.J.), represented Teva in ANDA case involving clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide gel.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA et al. v. Sandoz, Inc. et al. and Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. et al. (S.D.N.Y.). Represented patent owner in Hatch-Waxman dispute regarding generic version of Copaxone, a complex mixture of polypeptides. Was part of trial team that obtained decision in favor of Teva finding all claims infringed, valid, and enforceable.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA et al. v. Sandoz, Inc. et al. and Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. et al. (S.D.N.Y.). Represented patent owner in patent litigation involving techniques to measure the molecular weight of complex mixtures of polypeptides.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals v. Teva Pharmaceuticals (D. Mass). Represented Teva in patent litigation related to methods of evaluating low molecular weight heparins.
- iHance, Inc. v. Eloqua Ltd. (E.D. Va.). Represented Eloqua in patent litigation involving technology for monitoring email and website behavior of email recipients.
- Abbott Point of Care, Inc. v. Epocal, Inc. (N.D. Ala.). Represented Epocal in patent litigation dispute related to point-of-care blood testing diagnostic devices. Was part of trial team that obtained jury verdict in Epocal’s favor in finding no infringement.
- X-ray Optical Systems v. Innov-X (N.D.N.Y.). Represented Innov-X in patent ownership dispute relating to x-ray optics technology.
- Asentinel LLC v. The Info Group, Inc. et al. (W.D. Tenn.). Represented Veramark in patent litigation involving technology used in analyzing telecommunications invoices.
Mr. DeJong is a member of the Boston Intellectual Property Inn of Court, the Boston Bar Association and the New Hampshire Bar Association. Mr. DeJong also serves as an editor of the firm’s biosimilars blog, Big Molecule Watch.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. DeJong worked as an engineer in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. He has extensive experience in pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturing, process development and scale-up, and equipment design.