Our Intellectual Property team advises clients across industries, including technology, life sciences, private equity, and financial services, at every stage of the corporate lifecycle, from emerging companies to established multinationals.
We vigorously defend our clients’ IP assets and assert their IP rights. We also serve as strategic advisors to help clients develop and implement policies and practices for procuring, protecting, and exploiting patents and other IP. And we help clients form, negotiate, and conduct strategic collaborations, partnering transactions, and other licensing arrangements.
Our team has significant expertise, including lawyers with advanced technical degrees and litigators with extensive experience in state and federal courts such as the Federal Circuit, US Supreme Court, International Trade Commission, and Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
We are renowned for our success in “bet the company” IP litigation — as well as for pragmatic, cost-effective advice on day-to-day IP issues. Law360 named Goodwin one of its Intellectual Property Practices of the Year five times, and our lawyers are consistently recognized by leading publications such as Chambers, U.S. News – Best Lawyers, Managing Intellectual Property, IAM Patent 1000, and LMG Life Sciences.
Our comprehensive coverage includes:
- Appellate & Supreme Court Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services Litigation
- Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Digital Currency & Blockchain
- Financial Industry Litigation
- Hatch-Waxman Biologics & Biosimilars Litigation
- Healthcare Disputes & Investigations
- ITC 337 Proceedings
- Late Stage Drug Development
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Prosecution & Counseling
- Patent Trial & Appeal Board
- Trade Secrets, Employee Mobility & Non-Competes
Connect with our IP team to let us know how we can help.