Ms. Hennecken’s recent experience includes:
- Representation of several financial services companies in putative nationwide ERISA class actions alleging that investment options in employee retirement plans had excessive fees and/or poor performance. These include several actions challenging mutual fund companies’ use of their own products as investment options in their own retirement plans.
- Representation of an investment management firm in ERISA class action in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, involving multi-week trial in 2018 regarding alleged breaches of fiduciary duty. Trial decision granted judgment for Goodwin’s clients on all counts and claims.
- Representation of several financial services companies in enforcement actions by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regarding compliance with the CFPA and prohibitions on unfair and deceptive practices.
- Defeated class certification of a putative nationwide class of individuals seeking recovery under the TCPA for allegedly receiving telephone calls on their cellphones marketing residential home mortgage modifications. Newhart v. Quicken Loans Inc., No. 9:15-CV-812 (S.D.Fla.).
- Defeated class certification of putative nationwide class of individuals seeking recovery under the TCPA for allegedly receiving telephone calls without their consent. Jacobs v. Quicken Loans Inc., No. 9:15-CV-81386 (S.D. Fla.)
- Representation of national mortgage lender in investigation by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regarding compliance with the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.
- Representation of national mortgage servicer in investigation by the Department of Justice regarding compliance with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
- Secured the public release of rape-kit testing statistics in conjunction with the Joyful Heart Foundation as part of its End the Backlog program.
Ms. Hennecken is a member of the American Bar Association.