Mr. Irvine has significant experience in advising on financing and restructuring transactions, particularly in the context of financially troubled debtors; advising administrators, debtors, creditors, potential acquirers, and investors both within and outside formal insolvency processes. He also provides advice on UK tax issues arising in complex public and private cross border M&A transactions.
Mr. Irvine’s recent representative experience includes:
- EQT Credit on its investment in and the restructuring and recapitalization of ACPS Automotive*
- one of the world’s pre-eminent international financial services firms on various post-bankruptcy matters*
- a global nuclear power plant manufacturer on the tax aspects of its chapter 11/restructuring*
- numerous global financial investors on various structuring and fundraising matters including fund manager clients such as Abraaj, Actis, Arcus, Brookfield, Castleforge, Chorus Capital, EQT, Glennmont Partners, Graphite Capital, Hastings, InfraRed, Macquarie, Montagu, MV Credit, Orion Capital Managers, Revetas and 8 Miles*
- a global advisory-focused investment bank on the spin-out an investment advisory business from one of the world's leading private equity firms and the merger of the businesses*
- various sovereign and state backed investors, including significant pension funds, on tax and structural issues affecting their investment programs including CIC, GIC, OTPP and OMERS*
- an offshore drilling company on the tax aspects of its chapter 11/restructuring*
- the administrators of a major commodities brokerage firm*
- a leading private equity firm on the tax aspects of the restructuring of a steel trading and distribution company*
- the financial services division of a multinational conglomerate on a number of complex M&A transactions*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.