Eric has a breadth of experience in alternative dispute resolution and various stages of litigation, representing both patentees and patent challengers in litigation. Eric’s support and representative matters include:
- Pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman, patent infringement actions regarding their generic drug products.*
- Pharmaceutical company in a declaratory judgment action and arbitration regarding patent invalidity and unenforceability.*
- Patentee in district court patent infringement and PTAB actions regarding an electronic smoking device.*
- Patentee in district court patent infringement action regarding a method for presenting a user-specific video feed.*
- High performance alloy supplier responses to office actions.*
- Insured breach of contract and premises liability actions.*
- Veterans through the process of appealing unfavorable service-connected disability ratings to the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Eric joined Goodwin in 2022. While attending law school, Eric served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Pauline Newman at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Eric was also a student attorney in the Glushko Samuelson IP Clinic and member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Honor Society, American University Law Review, and Juvenile Justice Mentorship Society, and served as an Articles Editor for the Health Law and Policy Brief.
Prior to entering the legal field, Eric was an engineer at Hospira, supporting all aspects of parenteral drug filing, finishing, sterilization and packaging of aseptic and terminally sterilized pharmaceutical products. Eric has also enjoyed coaching and mentoring tennis players and teams in New Jersey, North Carolina, and Washington, D.C.