Mergers and acquisitions representations include:
- Cottonwood Residential in its $1.7 billion restructuring, including its $440 million asset portfolio sale to Ares Capital Management
- Ablynx NV in its $4.8 billion sale to Sanofi
- Planet Payment in its $250 million sale to Fintrax Group
- Monogram Residential Trust in its $4.4 billion sale to a private fund led by Greystar Real Estate Partners
- NeuStar in its $2.9 billion sale to a private investment group led by Golden Gate Capital and GIC
- Citrix Systems in the spin-off of its GoTo business and subsequent $1.8 billion sale to LogMeIn through a Reverse Morris Trust transaction
- The Scion Group LLC in its $1.4 billion acquisition (in joint venture with Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation) of University House Communities Group, Inc.
- Xoom in its $1 billion sale to PayPal
- Courier Corporation in its $320 million acquisition by R.R. Donnelley
- Trulia in its $3.5 billion acquisition by Zillow
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals in its $10.4 billion sale to Amgen
- Mid-America Apartment Communities in its $8.6 billion acquisition of Colonial Properties Trust
- CreXus Investment Corp. in its $1 billion sale to Annaly Capital Management
- ZOLL Medical in its $2.2 billion sale to Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Salary.com in its $80 million sale to Kenexa
Financial advisor M&A representations include:
- Centerview Partners as financial advisor to Thoratec in its $3.4 billion sale to St. Jude Medical, XenoPort in its $467 million sale to Arbor Pharmaceutical, Idenix in its $3.8 billion sale to Merck, Relypsa in its $1.5 billion sale to Galenica, Qualcomm in its $47 billion acquisition of NXP Semiconductors, Kite Pharma in its $11.9 billion sale to Gilead, and Qualcomm in connection with the unsolicited offer from Broadcom
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Stemcentrx in its $5.8 billion sale to AbbVie, with up to an additional $4 billion in cash in success-based milestone payments and Lattice Semiconductor in its $1.3 billion sale to Canyon Bridge
Mr. Liggio also provides public company reporting, securities compliance and corporate governance advice to Citrix Systems, Mid-America Apartment Communities, DCT Industrial Trust, Equity One, Unwired Planet and others. Mr. Liggio provides ongoing pro bono advice to The Greater Boston Food Bank on general corporate matters.
Mr. Liggio is also involved in Goodwin’s PropTech Initiative focused on supporting the intersection of Real Estate and Technology through thoughtful collaboration across the two practice areas and advises on relevant market trends impacting the PropTech sector.
Mr. Liggio served as a law clerk to the Honorable R. Marc Kantrowitz of the Massachusetts Appeals Court, a law clerk for the U.S. Attorney’s Office.