Mergers and acquisitions representations include:
- TIER REIT in its pending $5.9 billion sale to Cousins Properties
- Spark Therapeutics in its pending $4.8 billion sale to Roche
- Twilio in its $3 billion acquisition of SendGrid
- Cottonwood Residential in its $1.7 billion restructuring, including its $440 million asset portfolio sale to Ares Capital Management
- Ablynx NV in its $4.8 billion sale to Sanofi
- Planet Payment in its $250 million sale to Fintrax Group
- Monogram Residential Trust in its $4.4 billion sale to a private fund led by Greystar Real Estate Partners
- NeuStar in its $2.9 billion sale to a private investment group led by Golden Gate Capital and GIC
- Citrix Systems in the spin-off of its GoTo business and subsequent $1.8 billion sale to LogMeIn through a Reverse Morris Trust transaction
- The Scion Group LLC in its $1.4 billion acquisition (in joint venture with Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation) of University House Communities Group, Inc.
- Xoom in its $1 billion sale to PayPal
- Courier Corporation in its $320 million acquisition by R.R. Donnelley
- Trulia in its $3.5 billion acquisition by Zillow
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals in its $10.4 billion sale to Amgen
- Mid-America Apartment Communities in its $8.6 billion acquisition of Colonial Properties Trust
- CreXus Investment Corp. in its $1 billion sale to Annaly Capital Management
- ZOLL Medical in its $2.2 billion sale to Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Salary.com in its $80 million sale to Kenexa
Financial advisor M&A representations include:
- Centerview Partners as financial advisor to Thoratec in its $3.4 billion sale to St. Jude Medical, XenoPort in its $467 million sale to Arbor Pharmaceutical, Idenix in its $3.8 billion sale to Merck, Relypsa in its $1.5 billion sale to Galenica, Qualcomm in its $47 billion acquisition of NXP Semiconductors, Kite Pharma in its $11.9 billion sale to Gilead, and Qualcomm in connection with the unsolicited offer from Broadcom
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Stemcentrx in its $5.8 billion sale to AbbVie, with up to an additional $4 billion in cash in success-based milestone payments and Lattice Semiconductor in its $1.3 billion sale to Canyon Bridge
Mr. Liggio also provides ongoing pro bono advice to The Greater Boston Food Bank on general corporate matters and is a leader in the firm’s initiative on the GLAD Transgender Name Change Project.
Mr. Liggio served as a law clerk to the Honorable R. Marc Kantrowitz of the Massachusetts Appeals Court, a law clerk for the U.S. Attorney’s Office.