Since joining Goodwin, Ms. MacLeman has represented clients in a variety of investigations and complex commercial litigation matters, including general commercial litigation, post-closing disputes, and trade secret and employee mobility matters. Her clients have included individuals, public and private companies, and financial institutions. Ms. MacLeman has experience in all phases and types of litigation, including class actions, arbitrations, trials, and federal and state court appeals.
Ms. MacLeman’s recent work includes:
- A week-long arbitration involving breach of contract and fraud claims resulting in a complete victory for Massachusetts-based apparel company.
- Defending software and technology companies in trade secret and non-competition disputes.
- A month-long trial resulting in a verdict of not guilty for the former president of a pharmaceutical company in a federal criminal anti-kickback case.
- Managing multiple federal investigations spanning a variety of jurisdictions and involving a wide range of topics, including: healthcare fraud, public corruption, money laundering, False Claims Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
- Defending healthcare and fintech companies in responding to civil investigative demands and government-issued subpoenas.
- Defending a nationwide transportation company in numerous class actions, civil suits and attorney general investigations arising out of alleged misclassification of independent contractors.
In addition, Ms. MacLeman completed a six-month rotation with the Middlesex County (Massachusetts) District Attorney’s Office, during which she was sworn in as a Special Assistant District Attorney and independently handled a dozen trials and argued countless evidentiary hearings and non-evidentiary motions before the Court.