Since joining Goodwin, Ms. MacLeman has represented clients in a variety of civil and criminal investigations and complex commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts. Her clients have included individuals, public and private companies, and financial institutions. Ms. MacLeman has experience in all phases and types of litigation, including class actions, arbitrations, federal trials, and federal and state court appeals.
Ms. MacLeman’s recent work includes:
- A month-long trial resulting in a verdict of not guilty for the former president of a pharmaceutical company in a federal criminal anti-kickback case.
- Managing multiple federal criminal investigations spanning a variety of jurisdictions and involving a wide range of topics, including: healthcare fraud, public corruption, money laundering, False Claims Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Defending healthcare companies in shareholder litigation and in responding to subpoenas from the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Defending a nationwide transportation company in numerous class actions, civil suits and attorney general investigations arising out of alleged misclassification of independent contractors
- Defending a software company in trade secret and non-competition disputes
In addition, Ms. MacLeman recently completed a six-month rotation with the Middlesex County (Massachusetts) District Attorney’s Office, during which she was sworn in as a Special Assistant District Attorney and independently handled a dozen trials and argued countless evidentiary hearings and non-evidentiary motions before the Court.