Mr. McCusker's representation of companies spans the entire corporate life-cycle, including pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, public offerings, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions. He also works with venture capitalists, private equity investors and investment banks involved in private and public stock offerings.
Mr. McCusker’s representative public company clients include Atlassian, Eventbrite, Leaf Group, Okta, Poshmark and Twilio.
His private company clients include AllAdapt, Asserts, Cato Networks, Chime, Cobbler, Confluera, Deliverr, Earnin, EasyPost, Exabeam, Flex Logix, FrontApp, Loanpal, LogDNA, MilkMakeup, Miro, Nines, NumberAI, PlanetScale, Premier Lacrosse League, Productiv, PsiQuantum, Quora, Reputation.com, Step Mobile and Super Home.
Mr. McCusker’s representative venture capital clients include Accel Partners, Alkeon Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, CRV, Greylock, Index Ventures, Sequoia, True Ventures, Two Bear Capital, Uncork Capital and Village Global.
- Lime in its $170 million investment round led by Uber
- LogNDA in its $25 million Series C financing
- Miro in its $50 million Series B financing
- FrontApp in its $59 million Series C financing
- Confluera in its $20 million Series B financing
- SUKI AI in its $20 million Series B financing
- Workboard in its $30 million Series C financing
- Chime in its $500 million Series E financing
- Slack Technologies in its $200 million Series F financing
- Rubrik in its $261 million Series E financing
- Sequoia Capital in numerous investments including the $127 million Series C financing of DoorDash
- Andreessen Horowitz in numerous investments including the $60 million financing of ride-sharing app Lyft
- Shasta Ventures in numerous investments including the $15 million Series A financing of Plays.tv
- Index Ventures in numerous investments including the $100 million financing of Discord
- Portworx in its $370 million sale to Pure Storage
- Moovit in its $900 million sale to Intel
- BlueJeans Network in its sale to Verizon
- Qualtrics in its $8 billion sale to SAP
- Aporteo in its sale to Palo Alto Networks
- Twilio in its acquisition of SendGrid
- Accompany in its $270 million sale to Cisco
- Okta in its acquisition of Stormpath
- OrderAhead in its sale to Square
- Eventbrite in its acquisition of Ticketscript
- Atlassian in its acquisition of Trello
- Chariot in its sale to Ford
- Xoom Corporation in its sale to PayPal
- TellApart in its sale to Twitter
- WaveMarket (Location Labs) in its sale to AVG Technologies
- Perzo in its sale to a consortium of financial services firms led by Goldman Sachs
- Citrus Lane in its sale to Care.com
- RiseSmart in its sale to Randstad Holding
- Xoom Corporation in its acquisition of Blue Kite
- Flurry in its sale to Yahoo!
- The Washington Post Company on the sale of The Washington Post newspaper and related publication assets to Amazon.com founder and CEO Jeffrey Bezos and his private investment firm, Nash Holdings
- Sold numerous companies to acquirors, including AT&T, EMC, Google, IBM, Oracle, Twitter and Yahoo!
- Twilio, Atlassian, Imperva, Opower, Xoom Corporation, Zendesk, Okta, Eventbrite and Poshmark in their initial public offerings
- Underwriters in the initial public offerings of Lyft, Snap, Talend, Gigamon, Trulia, Marketo and Five9
- Twilio in its $280 million and $1 billion follow-on offerings and $500 million 144A convertible note offering
- Atlassian in its $1 billion 144A convertible note offering
- Okta in its 144A convertible note offerings of $345 million, $1 billion and $1.15 billion
- Xoom Corporation in its $134.3 million follow-on offering
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. McCusker was a partner in the Silicon Valley office of Gunderson Dettmer.