Representative matters include:
- Netgear Inc. v. Ruckus Wireless Inc. (D. Del.). Secured jury verdict of non-infringement of asserted patents for Ruckus. Worked as part of team that took case over for Ruckus just two months before trial.*
- Harris Corporation v. Ruckus Wireless Inc. (M.D. Fl.). Took over representation of Ruckus in two-patent suit relating to technology for wireless access points four months before trial. The case ultimately settled on the eve of trial.*
- Nomadix v. iBAHN (C.D. Cal.). Represented iBAHN Corporation in a multi-patent, multi-defendant patent dispute related to hotel-based internet services.*
- Oasis Research, LLC v. EMC Corp. (E.D. Tex.). Represented EMC in patent infringement suit relating to online data backup.*
- Dynetix Design Solutions, Inc. v. Synopsys, Inc. (N.D. Cal.). Defended Synopsys in patent infringement action relating to software for logic simulation tools. Secured stipulated judgment of non-infringement for Synopsys based on pre-trial motions and claim construction.*
- M.A. Mobile Ltd. v. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (N.D. Cal.). Currently defending IIT in a trade-secret misappropriation case.
- Applied Materials, Inc. v. Cohen (N.D. Cal.). Defended Applied Materials against claims of infringement for four patents relating to the fabrication of semiconductor devices. The case resulted in a favorable settlement for Applied Materials.
- Samba TV v. Alphonso Inc. (N.D. Cal.) and Alphonso Inc. v. Samba TV (D. Del.). Currently representing Alphonso in competitor patent infringement disputes on technology relating to digital ad campaigns on TVs and mobile devices.
- Applied Predictive Techs., Inc. v. MarketDial, Inc. (D. Del.). Currently defending MarketDial in trade-secret misappropriation and patent infringement case relating to business analytics technology.
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Ong currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Asian Law Alliance, an organization that focuses on immigration and housing rights.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Ong served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jacqueline Scott Corley and to the Honorable Charles R. Breyer, both in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Mr. Ong also previously worked for a year as a misdemeanor trial attorney at the Public Defender Office for Santa Clara County. During that time, Mr. Ong tried 10 cases to jury verdict and handled a large volume of misdemeanor cases for purposes of pre-trial proceedings and settlement.