Since joining Goodwin, Ms. Orazio has represented clients in white collar criminal matters, government investigations, securities litigation, and complex civil litigation in federal and state courts. Ms. Orazio has experience in all phases of litigation, including class actions, federal trials, and federal and state court appeals.
Ms. Orazio’s recent work includes:
- Defending the former president of a pharmaceutical company against criminal anti-kickback allegations in United States v. Reichel, 15-cr-10324 (D. Mass), which resulted in an acquittal following a month-long jury trial.
- Defending a client charged with tax fraud and aggravated identity theft in a two-and-a-half week jury trial in S.D.N.Y., where Ms. Orazio argued evidentiary motions and cross-examined numerous witnesses.
- Managing federal criminal investigations spanning a variety of jurisdictions and involving a wide range of topics, including healthcare fraud, money laundering, public corruption, and securities fraud.
- Defending public companies and/or their officers and directors in securities class actions, merger litigation, and derivative suits, in both federal and state court, across a range of jurisdictions.
- Defending a nationwide transportation company in numerous class actions, civil suits, and attorney general investigations arising out of alleged misclassification of independent contractors.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Orazio worked as an analyst at UBS Financial Services, Inc.
Ms. Orazio is a member of the Boston Bar Association.