Mr. O'Reilly's work for private equity, growth equity and venture capital funds and their portfolio companies as well as strategic investors, acquirers and sellers includes representing:
- DST Global and affiliates in their growth equity investments in Faire, Greenlight, Trumid, Clara, Blockchain.com, Brex, Acorns Grow, Boxed.com, Arista Networks, LendingClub, DraftKings, Flexport, GreenSky, Meituan and OTOY.
- Various mutual funds with investments in private technology companies including Ant Financial, WeWork, Bytedance, Snowflake, Stripe, Datadog, Nerdwallet, Xometry and Paytm.
- JMI Equity in it sale of Studer Group to Huron Consulting and its investments in Huntress Labs and automotiveMastermind.
- Accel Partners in its investment in CartoDB.
- Bregal Sagemount, Lone Pine, Durable Capital and VY Capital in various growth equity investments.
- Ridge Capital Partners in its leveraged buyout of Zamma Corporation.
- Halifax in its leveraged buyout of BCI Burke Company.
- WisdomTree Investments Inc. with a variety of exchange traded fund product development joint ventures, the acquisition of Boost ETP and ETF Securities and its strategic investments in Securrency and AdvisorEngine.
- GTT Communications Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Interoute Communications S.A.
- Tata Communications Ltd. in its sale of a majority stake of its data center businesses in India and Singapore.
- Secondary transactions including Southern Cross Group in its GP-led restructuring of Fund IV, Infraestructura Institucional in the sale of its general partner to BlackRock and various mutual funds in their crossover investment in StepStone Group.
- Various life sciences investors in LianBio, Orca Bio and gene-editing technology companies.
- Growth stage companies Heyday, Fundrise and Soludos in various financing transactions.
- Various sell-side representations including the sale of American Mortgage Consultants to Stone Point Capital; Collect Rx to New Capital Partners and Celcite Management Solutions to Amdocs.
Mr. O'Reilly's recent experience with benefit corporations and impact investing includes representing:
- Danone Manifesto Ventures in its conversion to a benefit corporation and its B Corp certification.
- GEF Capital Partners in its acquisition of EnviroMix and its investment in Blue Source.
- Impact funds and other companies with social or environmental concerns regarding structuring as or investing in benefit corporations and other similar entities.
Mr. O’Reilly has dedicated time to advancing benefit corporation legislation and drafting related publications. He is a member of the American Bar Association.