Some of Mr. Rockers’ recent matters include defending and/or representing:
- Numerous insurance carriers in connection with litigation, arbitration, and other coverage disputes concerning R&W insurance policies, D&O insurance policies, CGL insurance policies, and other insurance policies, including bad faith litigation;
- Minority shareholders in breach-of-contract and breach-of-fiduciary-duty dispute that culminated in multi-week-long trial in state business court;
- Majority shareholders in business valuation dispute that resulted in successful ruling for majority partners after two-day arbitration;
- Public transportation company in real estate dispute that culminated in week-long trial in state land court;
- Not-for-profit in breach-of-contract, breach-of-fiduciary duty, and 93A dispute that resulted in successful ruling for not-for-profit after week-long jury trial in state court;
- Asset manager in breach-of-contract and business tort dispute that resulted in successful ruling for asset manager after three-day arbitration;
- Commercial airline in breach-of-contract dispute that resulted in successful ruling for airline after week-long trial in federal court;
- Health fitness company with facilities nationwide in partnership dispute involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, conspiracy, and aiding and abetting that culminated in month-long trial in state business court;
- Public company in theft-of-trade-secrets and breach-of-contract dispute related to the right to do business in 21 states that culminated in week-long arbitration;
- Insurance aggregator in breach-of-contract dispute that resulted in successful ruling for aggregator after week-long arbitration;
- Multiple clients in restrictive covenant disputes that resulted in successful rulings or resolutions for clients after preliminary injunction hearings, including clients in the insurance, technology, and healthcare industries;
- Nuclear power company before state trial and appellate courts in action challenging application of state environmental regulations to nuclear power plant;
- School district in breach-of-contract, fraud and RICO dispute concerning school-related construction that resulted in multi-million-dollar settlement for client;
- Public university in investigating matters relating to compliance with Title IX; and
- Non-profit organization in investigating matters related to allegations of fraud levied against organization’s founder.
Mr. Rockers is a member of the American Bar Association.
After law school, Mr. Rockers served as a law clerk to the Honorable J.L. Edmondson, then-Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
While attending law school, Mr. Rockers served as the Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of Law & Medicine.