Representative clients and matters include:
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications directed to composite materials, adhesive products, sensor technology, online gaming, mobile advertising, data encryption, machine learning, data processing, pharmaceuticals and other technical fields.
- Performing freedom-to-operate, patentability, validity and infringement analyses.
- Performing intellectual property diligence and preparing transaction documents for numerous transactions, including:
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition and subsequent sale of Plaskolite, North America’s largest manufacturer of transparent thermoplastic sheet products.
- Behrman Capital in its acquisition of Carr Management, Inc., a specialized manufacturer of blow-molded, high-density polyethylene bottles for the dairy, water, food, industrial and nutraceutical industries.
- TA Associates in its investment in Gamma Technologies, Inc., a provider of multi-physics CAE system simulation software.
- Steele Compliance Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of Osprey Compliance Software, a premier provider of corporate compliance and oversight solutions.
- Tailwind Capital Partners in its sale of Longs Drugs Inc., an independent specialty pharmacy.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Rummler spent 14 years working as an engineer for Goss International, Inc. in Dover/Durham, New Hampshire. He is a co-inventor of U.S. Pat. No. 5,842,417.
Before joining Goodwin, Mr. Rummler was an intern at Davidson, Davidson and Kappel, LLC in New York City and at Grossman, Tucker, Perreault, and Pfleger, PLLC in Manchester, New Hampshire.