Elie-Raphaël’s recent experience includes representation of:
- The bondholders and lenders of a leading global biopharmaceutical developer and manufacturer in the context of corporate restructuring and business combination*
- HighBrook investors on three external financings obtained for several funds managed by the company*
- Various international credit institutions on the financing of the successful bid and long form financing by a large private equity firm for the acquisition of a majority stake in a nationally well-known shoe manufacturer*
- A large multi-national bank on a $3 billion financing package for a private investment firm to acquire a majority stake in a leading data, insights, and consulting company*
- A large multi-national bank on a $2.5 billion financing package for a private investment firm to acquire a majority stake in a defense and aerospace group *
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Elie-Raphaël has over 10 years of experience in banking and finance in Luxembourg. Before joining Goodwin, Elie-Raphaël spent eight years at Lovens & Loeff in Luxembourg where he was counsel during two years, and prior to that was an associate in the Banking and Finance department at another leading Luxembourg law firm for approximatively three years.
Elie-Raphaël was a co-lecturer of the corporate law course in the Master in Management, Financial Economics track at EDHEC Business School in Nice (France).
He is an active member of Cluster Maritime where he has been involved in a comparative study of the competitiveness of the Luxembourg maritime sector leading to the drafting of a proposed bill of law.