Goodwin's global Real Estate Finance team guides clients through the many financing opportunities available within dynamic credit environments. Possessing extensive experience in across economic cycles, our lawyers are active market participants and understand the complexities present in both existing and proposed capital structures, and the varying motivations of the decision-makers involved.
We represent funds, borrowers, operators, developers, purchases, sellers, sponsors, investors, institutional investors and advisors, investment managers, and lenders (including Pfandbriefbanks and real estate debt funds) in a wide range of financing transactions across all asset classes, including:
- Mortgage and mezzanine financings
- Mezzanine financings
- Credit facilities, including subscription secured and NAV facilities
- Construction financings
- Participated, syndicated and securitized debt
- Agency financings
- Preferred equity transactions
- Sales and acquisitions of performing and non-performing loans
- Participation agreements, co-lender arrangements and intercreditor agreements
- Distressed real estate
- Workouts, restructurings and enforcement actions, including deeds in lieu, UCC foreclosures and short sales
We integrate our multidisciplinary expertise from our Real Estate Tax, ERISA & Executive Compensation, Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement, Real Estate Design & Construction, Leasing, Real Estate Joint Ventures, Financial Restructuring and Litigation teams to structure financing transactions to accomplish our clients’ goals.
Connect with our Real Estate Finance team and let us know how we can help.