Some of Mr. Weinger’s recent representation include:
- In re Bendamustine Consolidated Cases: Representing Cephalon, Inc. in patent litigation against 18 defendants involving Cephalon’s branded cancer drug, Treanda®. The U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware issued a final decision in favor of Cephalon, upholding the validity and finding infringement of all patents-in-suit following a bench trial.
- Genentech et al. v. Celltrion et al. (D. Del.), representing Celltrion/Teva in suit under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act (BPCIA) related to biosimilar of Herceptin.
- Genentech et al. v. Celltrion et al. (D. N.J.), representing Celltrion/Teva in suit under the BPCIA related to biosimilar of Rituxan.
- In re: Copaxone 775 Patent Litigation (D. Del.): Representing Teva in patent infringement litigation against multiple generic defendants involving patents directed to a process for manufacturing glatiramer acetate (Copaxone®).
- In Re: Application Of Celltrion, Inc. for an Order Permitting Issuance of Subpoenas to Take Discovery for Use in Foreign Proceedings (D. Mass, N.D. Cal): Representing Celltrion in litigation seeking discovery in the United States for use in patent proceedings in Europe related to biosimilar of Rituxan.
- In re: Copaxone 40mg Consolidated Cases (D. Del.): Representing Teva in a patent infringement litigation against five generic manufacturers involving patents directed to the treatment of multiple sclerosis with a novel dosing regimen for the drug glatiramer acetate.
- Adverio Pharma Gmbh et al. v. MSN Laboratories Private Ltd. (D. Del.), representing MSN Laboratories in Hatch-Waxman litigation regarding the pulmonary hypertension drug riociguat.
- In the Matter of Certain Pre-Filled Syringes for Intravitreal Injection (I.T.C.), representing Novartis in action before the International Trade Commission against Regeneron Pharmaceuticals involving a patent directed to pre-filled syringes for ophthalmic injection of VEGF-antagonist drugs.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Novartis Pharma AG, et al. (P.T.A.B.), representing Novartis in IPR proceedings regarding a patent directed to pre-filled syringes for ophthalmic injection of VEGF-antagonist drugs. The Patent Trial and Appeal Board denied institution of the IPR.
In 2018, Mr. Weinger completed a six-month rotation as a Special Assistant District Attorney in the Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office in Woburn, Massachusetts. During this time, he prosecuted over 200 misdemeanor and felony cases, tried more than 10 jury and bench trials, and argued dozens of dispositive and evidentiary motions.
Mr. Weinger is experienced in all phases of patent litigation, including pre-suit patent analysis, fact and expert discovery, motion practice, summary judgment, trials, and post-trial briefing. Mr. Weinger is also experienced in proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), including inter partes review and post grant review proceedings.
Prior to law school, Mr. Weinger was a postdoctoral fellow at The Rockefeller University in the Laboratory of Chemistry and Cell Biology. During law school he worked as an intern at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts.