Mr. Wong advises private equity houses and investment managers on the establishment of funds and joint ventures in the private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure sectors in Europe. He also has experience in corporate real estate transactions including structured acquisitions and disposals and joint venture arrangements.
Real estate funds experience includes advising:
- M7 Real Estate on the establishment of a pan-European value-add real estate fund.
- Ares Management on the establishment of a pan-European value-add real estate fund and a pan-European opportunistic real estate fund.
- A U.S. institutional real estate manager on the establishment of a U.S. property fund.
Investment funds experience includes advising:
- an Israeli venture capital firm on the establishment of a global fintech fund.
- Spice Private Equity, a Swiss investment company, on the sale of a portfolio of fund interests.
Corporate real estate experience includes advising:
- Lend Lease on a joint venture with 1 MDB for the development of Tun Razak Exchange, a major commercial precinct in Kuala Lumpur.*
- GIC on a joint venture with Hammerson in relation to a large UK shopping centre development.*
- Frogmore Real Estate Partners III on a joint venture with a Morgan Stanley-sponsored real estate fund in relation to the Notting Hill Gate Estate.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Wong was an associate in the London office of Berwin Leighton Paisner and an associate in the Sydney office of Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills.