Mr. Yenouskas has handled a wide variety of matters, including:
- Representing a consumer reporting agency in putative nationwide class actions alleging failure to use reasonable procedures to assure maximum accuracy of consumer reports under the FCRA.
- Defending multiple putative class actions alleging use of borrower credit information in violation of FCRA.
- Defending putative class actions filed by borrowers challenging lenders’ origination and servicing practices under federal and state laws.
- Defense of False Claims Act litigation alleging improper origination of FHA-insured loans.
- Defense of lawsuit by county alleging discrimination against minorities in origination and servicing of mortgage loans.
- Coordinating nationwide defense of multiple lawsuits filed by counties challenging use of the Mortgage Electronic Registration System loan registry system.
- Defending actions by counties for recovery of transfer tax payments for properties sold at foreclosure sales.
- Obtaining summary judgment in a putative class action alleging that origination fees were charged in violation of Missouri’s Second Mortgage Loan Act.
- Obtaining summary judgment and order striking class allegations in putative class action alleging that prepayment penalties violated state law.
- Obtaining dismissal of putative class action by borrowers alleging that lenders should be held liable for actions of broker that committed fraud in origination scheme.
- Representing lender in claims against mortgage guaranty insurer for improper rescission of insurance coverage. Defendant settled in discovery.
Mr. Yenouskas is a member of the Virginia and District of Columbia Bar Associations.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2003, Mr. Yenouskas practiced complex commercial litigation at several Washington, D.C. area law firms.