Securities Law and Capital Markets in the Pandemic
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, dedicated Goodwin lawyers have been carefully analyzing the situation and offering best practices to clients across all industries. In particular, Goodwin’s Technology, Securities Litigation and Capital Markets practice groups have been studying the changing landscape and its associated market volatility, including the pandemic’s impact on financial guidance practices, SEC filing disclosures, insider securities transactions, annual meeting practices and stockholder activism.
In an effort to share our knowledge of the evolving situation, its particular implications on the technology industry and ways to mitigate risk, partner Brad Weber from the firm's Technology and Capital Markets groups hosted an informative Zoom webinar on Thursday, April 2, 2020, titled “Public Technology Companies – Securities Law and Capital Markets in the Pandemic.” It was presented by partners Joseph Theis, Alexis Coll-Very, Caroline Bullerjahn and Joseph Johnson.
- Talking with the Street | How to communicate effectively and responsibly in a dynamic environment
- Updating Guidance and Filings | How and when to update financial guidance and other SEC disclosures
- Insider Trading | How to manage insider transactions, trading windows, 10b5-1 plans and Section 16 in a time of uncertainty
- Annual Meetings + Board Oversight | How to adapt your annual meeting in light of health restrictions and what Boards should be thinking about right now
- Stockholder Activism | How to navigate recent activism trends and how a changing business environment may alter the landscape
View the webinar recording below.