Both the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission are approaching private equity with heightened scrutiny. Join partners from Goodwin’s Private Equity and Antitrust Practices as they discuss best practice for navigating the current regulatory environment.
The webinar will explore:
- Private equity specific issues in the FTC and DOJ merger review process, including general hostility towards roll-ups and the private equity business model
- Additional considerations in determining if a deal is anti-competitive
- How your fund’s future value creation plan and track record may be relevant to antitrust review
- The consequences of heightened regulatory scrutiny
- Delays in closing your deal due to increased HSR filing timelines
- Unprecedented consent decrees requiring future notice and prior approval of all future acquisitions under a sponsor’s platform, regardless of deal size
- How to minimize the risks of regulatory scrutiny
- Practice tips on what to prepare to increase your chances of antitrust approval
- How to decrease your chances of a lengthy HSR filing timeline
Andrew Lacy, Arman Oruc and Josh Soszynski will be speakers.
Andrew LacyPartnerCo-Chair, Antitrust + Competition
Arman OrucPartnerCo-Chair, Antitrust + Competition