Lim advises clients on a wide range of corporate and investment fund transactions in the real estate sector, including sales/acquisitions of real estate assets and operating businesses, joint ventures, consortium arrangements, private fund formations and investments, and fund secondaries. His client base encompasses both users and providers of capital in the real estate arena, including corporates, financial sponsors and institutional investors. Lim also has notable experience working with Asian clients, where he was previously based for a number of years.
“We are delighted that Eric will be joining our team to partner with our international clients on their most transformative matters,” said James Spence, partner in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry practice. “Eric is a highly skilled lawyer with broad experience that complements our offering for real estate clients across all layers of the capital stack.”
Since January 2021, Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry practice has welcomed eleven partners across the firm’s Frankfurt, Los Angeles, Luxembourg, New York, Santa Monica and Washington, D.C. offices. In Europe, this includes Joachim Kayser, Sebastian Bruchwitz, Markus Käpplinger and Anke Johann in Germany.
In London, the Real Estate Industry team has recently advised on some of the highest-profile and most complex transactions in the market, including representing:
- Cabot Properties in its agreement with Blackstone and two vehicles affiliated with Blackstone Real Estate to sell its institutional-quality logistics assets for $2.8 billion
- Clarion Partners Europe in relation to the sale of a portfolio of 31 institutional quality logistics properties located across Germany, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Slovakia and the Czech Republic, for a consideration of over €880 million
- Ares Management on the structuring and establishment of Ares European Property Enhancement Partners III SCSp, which was oversubscribed with approximately €1.5 billion of commitments
- Slate on its launch of a European investment strategy in partnership with the New Zealand Superannuation Fund
- Generation Partners on the formation of a programmatic joint venture with Ares Management to acquire purpose-built student accommodation assets in the UK
- Angelo Gordon on the sale of its Aria Resorts holiday park business to CVC Capital Partners and Away Resorts
- Workspace Group plc in its acquisition of Busworks, a former Victorian bus factory dating back to 1888
The Real Estate Industry practice spans fund formation, joint venture, finance and transactions, public company/REIT work, and M&A. The firm’s pioneering Propsci practice focuses on addressing the growing real estate needs of life sciences companies as they face challenges in developing land and facilities that support their businesses in a continuously evolving sector. Goodwin’s groundbreaking Proptech practice, the first of its kind among leading global law firms, combines the legal and innovative experience and market savvy of its real estate, technology, intellectual property and data privacy groups. Goodwin is consistently ranked as a top advisor in the real estate industry, including in Commercial Property Executive, Chambers, The Legal 500 and Best Lawyers.